America is the dream destination of any citizen around the world and US immigration procedures have never been easy. One of the barriers to completing US entry procedures is the visa. Please contact the prestigious South Asia Asia visa application consulting and support service – a reputable travel service company to receive support for successful US visa application procedures with the most affordable service fees!
I. General conditions when applying for a US visa
- Have a job, high and stable income in Vietnam (depending on age)
- A passport that has traveled to many countries, especially if you have traveled to developed countries such as Europe, Australia, Japan… will be more favorable in applying for a tourist visa.
- Own assets in Vietnam such as houses, land, savings books… (if any)
- Have family ties: spouse, children in Vietnam
To know if your application needs to prepare anything else to qualify for a US visa, please contact Nam Asia Tourism for detailed answers.
II. Prepare the necessary documents for the US visa interview
- Passport with validity of 6 months or more.
- Old passports for travel to other countries, especially developed countries (Europe, Japan, Australia, Korea…) or photo evidence if the old passport is no longer available.
- 2 5 x 5 photos taken within the last 6 months (straight-up, white background).
- Income/assets such as: house/land documents, car, stock certificate, stocks, savings account/book, house/car rental contract, capital contribution… (if any)
- Household registration, marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if any), birth certificates of children (if any).
- If you have children studying abroad in the US, prepare additional: transcripts or notice of the most recent academic results of the person studying abroad, tuition payment receipts, and money transfer receipts.
- If you are the owner of a limited liability company, enterprise or individual business household: enterprise establishment license/business registration license; Tax code registration certificate, quarterly or annual financial statements (if any); Tax invoices for the most recent 3 months; List/employee payroll (if any), purchase and sale contracts with partners and customers (if any), Flyers introducing the company, business or products and services being sold (if any). yes), Business card (if any).
- If you are an employee of a state-owned company, LLC, private enterprise: Labor contract; Position appointment letter (if any); Confirmation from the working agency clearly stating the working period, position, monthly salary; Letter of permission for travel leave with specific time from the managing agency.
- If you are a retired officer: retirement card, pension book.
- If you go on a tour from a travel company, you need a travel contract, specific tour program, round-trip air ticket…
- When registering for the tour, you only need to SUBMIT the above documents in PHOTO COPY, NO NEED TO NOTIFIED. Only bring original documents on the day of the visa interview.
- Come to the interview on time, it’s best to arrive 20 minutes earlier than the time stated on the appointment paper. When going, bring the visa application, letter confirming online interview appointment, interview fee receipt and other necessary documents (original). Answer honestly and briefly the consular officer’s questions.
III. Renew US visa by mail
- Conditions for extending a US visa
- Be a Vietnamese citizen, or a resident of Vietnam with confirmation of your residence in Vietnam.
- Currently in Vietnam.
- Have a U.S. nonimmigrant visa that is still valid or expired within 12 months and is applying for the same type of visa.
- Submit old passport with prior visa (if any).
- If a student: Has not been outside the United States after a break from school of five months or more (unless there are activities abroad related to the course).
- Do not answer “YES” to any of the questions in the Security and Background section of the DS-
- Not be refused a visa during the final interview.
- Application review process
- US visa application review time: From 8 – 10 working days.
- Before sending your extension application to the Embassy or Consulate, you must ensure that you will not need your passport within the next 2 weeks.
Exclusively for international students:
- Original signed I-20 or DS-2019 form,
- SEVIS fee has been paid,
- All transcripts from schools attended in the US.
For children under 14 years old:
- Photocopy of parents’ passport or ID card.
- Photocopy of parents’ current or most recent US visa.
South Asia Tourism is applying the “3-year US visa” policy – Free US visa extension service for 3 consecutive years without an interview. The program only applies to guests who register for a US tour 3 months before departure date.
IV. Interview for a US visa – “Unwritten” rules
1. Before the date of the US Tourist Visa Interview
– Required documents must be in the correct order when going to the US Visa Interview
- Identity card or Citizen identification card.
- Passport signed on page 3 and removed all additional outer covers made of leather, nylon…
(Note: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the expected end date of the trip to the US. Children must have their own passport even when traveling with their parents. Applicants under 17 years old must have a parent. or mother or legal guardian to interview with).
- Confirmation sheet of application DS-160, with barcode. This application must be completed and submitted online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
- One passport photo (5 x 5) taken within the last 6 months, on a white background, with both ears clearly visible. The photo must be pasted or stapled with 2 staples to the lower left corner of the confirmation sheet of the DS-160 application. Photos are NOT computer edited.
- The interview appointment sheet was booked online.
- Other documents will be different depending on each specific applicant’s case.
- The DS-160 confirmation code and appointment date must match, otherwise you will have to reschedule your US Tourist Visa Interview appointment.
- All supporting documents must be kept separate and only submitted upon request.
2. On the day of the US Visa Interview
2.1 Prepare before entering the US Visa Interview
- You should arrive 15 to 20 minutes earlier than your appointment time.
- You are not allowed to bring electronic devices, including cell phones, inside the U.S. Embassy. To save time, you should leave these devices at home or in your car/motorbike. You can also leave these devices at the security room during the US Visa Interview.
- When passing through the security gate, the security guard will retain your identification until you leave the building.
- If you are under 17 years old, you must have a parent or legal guardian accompany you to the US Tourist Visa Interview .
- All steps in the US visa interview will be called by number. So listen carefully and remember your number to make sure you don’t miss your turn.
- While waiting for the American Interview number to be called, you should maintain order in the room and avoid loud conversations that affect people around you and create a bad image.
2.2 Experience in choosing clothes when interviewing for a US tourist visa
- Clothing must be polite and neat so that the Consular Officer has a favorable view of you. Avoid dressing too elaborately, too flashy, or too slovenly, not respecting the other person.
2.3 Attitude when interviewing for a US tourist visa
- Although there are complete documents, the important factor in the final decision is the demeanor when answering the interview and the clear purpose of going.
- During the interview, the interview time is very short (from 1 to 5 minutes), so please answer the interview accurately and briefly. It should be noted that all body language (gestures, attitudes…) will be closely analyzed by consular staff.
- A cheerful, confident, honest attitude and a clear understanding of the return plan always creates a good impression from the Consulate. Most failed cases are due to hesitation, lack of confidence, and dishonest answers. There are also many cases of being denied a US Visa simply because of careless answers that do not match the details in the dossier or giving incorrect answers when not hearing the question clearly. As long as there are any suspicious signs, whether accidentally or intentionally, the possibility of being failed in the interview will be… very high.
Above are some experiences so you can better understand applying for a US Visa. Hopefully with the US Visa interview, these “unwritten” rules will be of great help to make you more confident and more convenient for interview preparation. Wishing you luck and success in your first interview.
SOUTH ASIA TOURISM MEDIA COMPANY
Head office: 219 Pham Ngu Lao, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, City. HCM.
Tel: 028.38. 38.38.79 – 028.39.39.39.99
International travel license : 79-487/2015/TCDL-GPLHQT
Da Nang Office: 89 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, City. DN.
Tel: 0236.3601499 – 0976 57 58 59
Hanoi Office : Room 301, building 131 Bui Thi Xuan, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi.
Tel: 024.39.377.377 – 0973082328
NATIONWIDE 24/7 CONSULTATION HOTLINE: 023 3878 7777